UPDATE: Hamilton Police reported Tuesday (Jan. 5) that Andrew Zik had been found safe.
Hamilton Police are seeking assistance in locating a missing person from the Hamilton area who has not been seen since Saturday (Jan. 2) evening.
Police say in a press release issued Monday (Jan. 4) that on Saturday at approximately 7 p.m., 66-year-old Andrew Zik was last seen in the area of King Street East and East Avenue North in Central Hamilton.
He has not returned home since that time and it is considered to be out of character for him, police said.
As a result, there is a concern for Zik’s well-being.
- East end Hamilton police station reports 4th positive COVID in less than 2 weeks
- Temperatures set to drop drastically in Hamilton
- No threat to public safety as police respond to incident in central Hamilton
Zik is described as follows:
- 6’ 2”
- 220 lbs
- Brown/grey shoulder-length hair, balding on top, longer at the back and sides
- Brown/grey beard
- Light grey winter jacket with a fur collar on the hood
- Dark coloured pants
- White running shoes
Anyone with information about Zik’s whereabouts or who may have seen him is asked to contact the Division 10 Staff Sergeant’s office at 905-546-4725
To provide information anonymously call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or submit your anonymous tips online.
Hamilton Police are happy to announce that Missing Person Andrew ZIK has been located and is safe. Thank you to everyone who assisted in the investigation. #HamOnt
— Hamilton Police (@HamiltonPolice) January 5, 2021