The $1-million Maxmillions ticket that had been unclaimed from the July 17 Lotto Max draw has been cashed in.
Sydney Evans, a 72-year-old married father from Dundas, says he was “cool as a cucumber” after realizing he was a big winner.
“I haven’t been going out to the store as regularly because of the pandemic, so little by little I would take my tickets to the store to check,” he shared while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto to pick up his winnings. “When I scanned it, I thought something went wrong, so I gave it to the clerk. I’m still not sure if this is real.”
Sydney, a retiree, says he’ll be taking trips when it’s safe to travel again.
OLG is accepting in-person prize claims by appointment only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the Prize Centre.
- COVID-19: Hamilton reports new record number of daily cases
- Four arrested in connection to murder of Brock Beck: Hamilton Police
- ‘Defund Police’ protestors given notices to remove tents; Hamilton Mayor calls demands irrational