A Hamilton teen who was injured in an ATV rollover in Binbrook is expected to make a full recovery.
On Sunday, May 9, a 13-year-old was riding an ATV in a field in the area of Hwy 56 and Guyatt Road when the vehicle rolled over, pinning the teen underneath.
Emergency crews were called to the area just before 9:00 p.m., with reports that the teen was trapped for “an extended period” before being located by family members.
The teen was taken to McMaster University Medical Centre with serious injuries.
Police say the teen is expected to make a full recovery and that there will be no charges related to this incident.
Police issued the following reminders to ATV users in the community:
- The City of Hamilton has NO authorized trails within its city limits
- Riding is permitted on private property with the permission of the land owner only
- Young riders should always have adult supervision
- An ATV requires a plate and insurance to operate off your own property
- Always check your machine and keep it in good working condition
- Check oil, gas, other fluid levels, brakes and lights
- Impaired driving penalties are the same as driving any motor vehicle
“Drive safe, ride safe,” said police.