Two teenagers were found unconscious after a suspected overdose in Milton today.
Shortly after 2 p.m today (May 15), the Halton Police responded to a report of two 18-year-old males found unconscious at a residence in Milton. Upon arrival, the officer located the two men outside of the home, both showing signs of a suspected overdose.
According to information provided to officers, more than a dozen high school students gathered at the home today, when the two men went outside to smoke. The two men thought they were smoking cannabis and purchased the drug from a third party. Shortly after the two youths smoked the substance, both lost consciousness and began to have seizures. A neighbour witnessed this and called 9-1-1.
According to the police, officers administered Naloxone to both victims. One victim received a single dose of Naloxone before regaining consciousness, while the other remained unresponsive and required a second dose of Naloxone to regain consciousness. They were then taken to the hospital.
- There are 35 new cases of COVID-19 in Halton today
- Children accidentally dialing 911 keep Halton emergency crews frustrated and busy
- More Toronto hospitals declare COVID-19 outbreaks
The police are still investigating the incident and have not confirmed what drug or drugs were consumed by the two victims. Anyone with relevant information is asked to contact the District Staff Sergeant at 905-825-4777 ext. 2410.
The police want to remind people that if someone sees an overdose, they should call 9-1-1 immediately. The outcome of the overdose today is the result of the witness calling the police and the administration of Naloxone by the officers.