There might have been delays because of a Canada Post strike, but that didn’t dampen Canadians thirst for e-commerce.
According to Amazon Canada, this was a record breaking holiday season, with more items ordered worldwide than ever before.
The e-commerce giant says customers purchased millions more Amazon devices this holiday season compared to last year.
So, what were some of the best-selling products that ended up under Christmas trees in Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Halton Hills and beyond?
- Burlington imposing additional restrictions on sports and fitness activities
- Downtown Burlington cancels two events, but introduces new contest
- Food for Life offering free pumpkins in Burlington, Oakville and Milton
The best-selling products across all categories on Amazon.ca included the following:
- Echo Dot
- Fire TV Stick 4K with All-New Alexa Voice Remote
- Fire HD 8 Tablet.
- Amazon Smart Plug
- Teckin Smart Plug
- PHILIPS Hue White A19 Bulb
Another interesting tidbit? Amazon says customers around the world asked Alexa how many days or sleeps until Christmas, with customers in the United Kingdom asking twice as much as customers in any other country.
Canada loved cooking supplies this holiday season, as these were some of the culinary best sellers:
- Instant Pot,
- KRUPS Professional Electric Burr Coffee Grinder
- Anova Precision Cooker
What toys flew off the online shelves?
- L.O.L. Surprise! Dolls
- Exploding Kittens: Original Edition
- Cards Against Humanity: Canadian Edition
As far as beauty products go, high-end brand Mario Badescu ended up under a number of Christmas trees in Canada. Some best-sellers included:
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water
As far pop-culture goes, people purchased:
- A Star Is Born (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- The Beatles (50th Anniversary 3CD Deluxe Edition)
- Bohemian Rhapsody (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Did any of these gifts make it under your tree this Christmas?