A suspect has been arrested and charged following numerous theft and robbery related offences that occurred in the Halton Region.
According to police, on March 31, 2019, members of the Halton Regional Police Service Two District Criminal Investigations Bureau concluded an investigation regarding numerous theft and robbery related offences that date back to January 2019.
Police say Home Depot department stores in Oakville and Burlington were targeted.
Various high-end power tools and barbeques were stolen.
- Brock considers Burlington transportation corridor for university campus location
- Burlington teenager has been located
- Missing Milton woman found
According to police, during one of the incidents, the suspect wielded a knife on a concerned employee who was attempting to prevent a theft.
As a result of the investigation, Fabian Peretin (46), of Hamilton was arrested and is facing the following alleged charges.
- Robbery with violence
- Utter threats
- Fail to comply with recognizance
- Breach of probation order (2 counts)
- Dangerous drive
- Resist arrest
- Assault police
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Obstruct police
- Theft under $5,000 (4 counts)
The accused was held for bail.
Anyone who may have additional information pertaining to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Constable Samantha Coysh of the Halton Regional Police Service at 905-825-4747 ext. 2245. Or contact Crime Stoppers” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.