According to a recent news release, Milton voters are being asked to confirm their voting locations in before the Oct. 22, Municipal Election.
A technical error by a third party resulted in 4458 voters have receiving their voter notification cards with incorrect Election Day voting locations.
New voter notification cards will be issued and mailed to affected voters only, before Oct. 22.
- Conversion therapy ban gets approval in principle, exposes Conservative divisions
- MAYORS CHAT: Marianne Meed Ward chats about what’s going on in Burlington – October 28, 2020
- Lockdown implemented at Oakville high school due to prank
These new cards will replace the previously issued white cards for affected voters.
On Election Day, affected voters attempting to vote at an incorrect voting location will be permitted to vote, however, it will be a longer process.
This error will not impact anyone’s ability to vote.
There is no impact to advance voting.
Advanced voting is available to all Milton residents’ from Oct. 8 to Oct. 14 at the locations listed:
- Oct. 8-12, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Hugh Foster Hall 141 King Street Milton, ON L9T 1J9
- Oct. 10, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Nassagaweya Tennis Centre & Community Hall 9267 Guelph Line Campbellville, ON L0P 1B0
- Oct. 13, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Shop & Vote at Milton Mall 55 Ontario Street South Milton, ON L9T 2M3
- Oct. 14, 10 a.m. –5 p.m. Shop & Vote at Milton Mall 55 Ontario Street South Milton, ON L9T 2M3
It is recommended that all eligible voters confirm their correct voting location for Election Day online at www.MiltonVotes.ca or by phone 905-875-5390.