We’ve said it once, and we’ll say it again … Canada Day 2019 is right around the corner. And whether you’re planning to go on vacation or relaxing at home and having a staycation, there are some road closures that will be in effect on July 1, 2019, in the Halton Region that you may want to take note of.
These road closures are as follows.
In order to safely accommodate the fireworks presentation that will be taking place at Burlington’s Spencer Smith Park, a few road closures will be in effect from 9 to 11 p.m.
- Sum 41 and Third Eye Blind to perform at Burlington music festival this year
- PHOTOS: Horsing around on the GO Train
- Raptors’ tickets in high demand this season
Lakeshore Road between Elizabeth Street and Maple Avenue will be closed.
However, resident access and emergency services access will be maintained.
Those who are planning on attending the event should also take note that vehicles illegally parked in the event area will be tagged or towed.
Similarly, there will also be a few road closures to be aware of in Oakville. But, like Burlington, access for emergency vehicles will be maintained at all times.
The following road closures and parking restrictions, according to the town of Oakville’s website, will be in effect in Bronte Village on July 1.
- Bronte Road between Rebecca Street and Ontario Street
- Lakeshore Road West between Jones Street and West River Street
North of Lakeshore Road West
- East Street between Belyea Street and Sovereign Street (local access only)
- Sovereign Street between Bronte Road and Jones Street (local access only – no access to Bronte Road)
- Belyea Street between Bronte Road and Jones Street (local access only – no access to Bronte Road)
- Hixon Street between Bronte Road and Jones Street (local access only – no access to Bronte Road)
South of Lakeshore Road West
- Marine Drive between Bronte Road and Nelson Street (local access only)
- Ontario Street between Bronte Road and Nelson Street (local access only)
- Jones Street between Lakeshore Road West and Ontario Street (local access only)
- Nelson Street between Lakeshore Road West and Ontario Street (local access only)
The closures will be in effect as of 5 p.m., however, there will be some detour routes.
Detour routes in the Bronte area on July 1 will include Third Line, Rebecca Street, and Great Lakes Boulevard.
In addition, parking restrictions, indicated by signs, will be enforced between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. on July 1, 2019.
There will be no road closures in Milton.
On July 1, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Confederation Street will be closed between John Street and Mountain Street. A road closure will also be in effect on Main Street between Confederation Street and Mountain Street.
Click here to see all of the Canada Day celebrations that are happening in Halton this year.