Residents should be aware of some upcoming road closures.
On Sunday, March 3, the Chilly Half Marathon and Frosty 5k road race will be taking place in downtown Burlington.
According to the city, the following road closures will be in effect the day of the event:
- Brant Street will be closed from Maria Street to Elgin Street from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- James Street will be closed from John Street to Brant Street
- Brant Street will be closed from Lakeshore Road to Elgin Street (access to Bunton’s Wharf via Locust Street) from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lakeshore Road will be closed from Brant Street to west of Burloak Drive (access to Old Lakeshore Road from the west maintained with delays) from 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Residents on the north side of Lakeshore Road who need access during the race can drive west to or from the nearest side street when the way is clear of emergency vehicles, the city reports.
- There are 35 new cases of COVID-19 in Halton today
- Children accidentally dialing 911 keep Halton emergency crews frustrated and busy
- Worker at Burlington Fortinos tests positive for COVID-19
For more information on the event, click here.