Residents should be aware of some road closures during an upcoming event in Oakville.
The 2019 Nutrience Half Marathon will be starting Sunday morning (October 6) at 7:30 a.m.
As a result, the following roads will be closed at the specified times:
- Lakeshore Road East from Burloak Drive to Great Lakes Boulevard from 6-8 a.m.
- Lakeshore Road East from Great Lakes Boulevard to Bronte Road from 6-11 a.m.
- Bronte Road from Lakeshore Road East to Ontario Sttreet from 6-11 a.m.
- Ontario Street from Bronte Road to East Street from 6-11 a.m.
- East Street from Marine Drive to Ontario Street 6-11 a.m.
- Lakeshore Road East from Third Line to Dorval Drive 6-11 a.m.
- Suffolk Road from Rebecca Street to Lakeshore Road East 6-11 a.m.
Detour routes in the Bronte area include Mississaga Street (northbound only), Great Lakes Boulevard, Bronte Road, Third Line, Rebecca Street.
- COVID-19 claims another life in Oakville as 29 new cases confirmed across Halton today
- Sharp-eyed citizen steps in for disabled cameras in Oakville neighbourhood
- Vehicle theft in Milton leads police to weapons and drugs
Additionally, parking restrictions in the Bronte area will be enforced between 12:01 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, marked by “No Parking Special Event” signs.