It’s almost time for the Oakville Santa Claus Parade.
This year the parade is being held on Nov. 17, and there are some road closures and parking restrictions you should be aware of.
According to the town, the following roads will be closed from 7-11 a.m. on the day of the parade:
- Lakeshore Road between Allan and Kerr
- Kerr Street between Lakeshore and Stewart Street
- Stewart Street between Kerr St and Maurice Drive
- Felan Avenue between Stewart Street and Rebecca Street
- Rebecca Street between Dorval and Forsythe
- Robinson between Navy and Allan St (closed from 6-11 a.m.)
- Thomas/George/Dunn/Trafalgar/Reynolds between Church and Robinson
For a copy of the route map, visit the Santa Claus Parade website.
- No ‘marriage tax’ for Ontario despite suggestions to the contrary, government says
- Province providing municipalities with $500 million in support
- Canada’s ban on big cruise ships extended until February
The following roads will be marked as detour routes:
- Chartwell Road
- Allan Street
- Cornwall Road / Speers Road
- Dorval Drive
- Fourth Line
Special event no parking signs and restrictions will be put up on the streets listed and along the residential side streets mentioned below during the week of Nov. 12 to Nov.16 in preparation for the parade.
- Deane Avenue
- Felan Avenue
- Hawthorne Road
- Herald Avenue
- Inglewood Drive
- Stewart Street
- Westside Drive
Signs will be in effect to prohibit vehicle parking on impacted streets during the parade.
Residents in the affected areas requiring on-street parking are encouraged to contact [email protected].