Halton Police are warning the public about vehicle thefts in Oakville.
According to police, there has been an increase in the amount of thefts from vehicles in the Oakville area.
“Over the past few weeks, suspects have been targeting locked vehicles and smashing windows to gain access,” reads a Halton Police press release. “Thieves have been stealing valuables left inside the vehicles, such as cash and electronics.”
Police are reminding the public of the following:
- Trudeau hands out advice on Halloween, saying ‘sacrifice’ necessary for many
- Milton mayor urges residents to help keep local businesses alive during pandemic
- Burlington will be new home for Brock University campus
- Always park in well-lit areas
- Never leave valuables in plain sight
- Ensure your vehicle doors are always locked
- Always roll up vehicle windows
- Take electronics with you
- Never leave vehicle running and unattended
Police are asking the public to report any suspicious activity, especially overnight and in the early morning hours.
“It is also important to file a police report if your vehicle is broken into, even if nothing is taken,” notes the release.
Tips can be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.