Winning the lottery is a dream for a lot of people – and for these GTA residents, it has become a reality!
A group of eight co-workers just won a whopping $367,156.40 playing Lotto Max, says OLG. The group won in the February 16, 2018, draw.
They’ve been playing for about eight months, according to group leader Karen Watt.
Watt was the first to find out the group win.
- Trudeau hands out advice on Halloween, saying ‘sacrifice’ necessary for many
- Milton mayor urges residents to help keep local businesses alive during pandemic
- Not spooked by the pandemic, haunted houses find ways around COVID-19
“It was a surreal feeling – I started shaking!” she said. Watt says one of the first things she did was call her boss.
“I told her to make sure that everyone was coming in on Tuesday. When she asked why, I told her that we all had to take a trip to the OLG Prize Centre!”
The lucky eight have some logical and fun plans for their winnings, including paying off bills and student loans, sharing the cash with family, and travelling.
“We are going to continue playing the lottery together,” said Karen.
The winning ticket was purchased at Oakville Gardens Variety on Sixth Line in Oakville.
Here are the winners:
- Karen Watt of Oakville
- Eugen Vizitiu of Mississauga
- Garth Darlington of Brampton
- Iqbal Singh of Toronto
- Jeffrey Hilroy of Toronto
- Kevin Barretto of Ajax
- Moriah Christoff of Toronto
- Stacey Flood of Mississauga
Front: Iqbal, Eugen, Stacey
Back: Garth, Jeffrey, Karen, Kevin, Moriah