It’s. So. Hot. Outside.
We’re not complaining — great news just in time for the Canada Day long weekend: 16 splash pads across Oakville will be open!
Hours of operation are from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- All lanes blocked due to highway crash in Oakville
- No ‘marriage tax’ for Ontario despite suggestions to the contrary, government says
- Province providing municipalities with $500 million in support
Some boring rules and such we must mention:
- Pets are not allowed on the splash pad and playground area.
- All children must have adult supervision at all times.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Swim diapers are required for all children under four-years-old.
- Swim suits and/or appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Footwear/sandals are strongly recommended.
- No food or beverages of any kind on the splash pad.
- No glass containers or breakable objects allowed on the splash pad.
- No skateboards, roller blades, bicycles, and/or scooters allowed on the splash pad.
- Athletic equipment, balls, bats, beach balls, noodles, etc. are not allowed on the splash pad.
- Don’t climb, hang, swing or pull on any of the splash pad equipment.
- All participants must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe and family-oriented manner.
- The splash pad, playground area and/or pavilions can’t be reserved for private parties or functions.
- Call 911 if there’s an emergency.
Click here for an interactive map with locations.
Photo courtesy of the Town of Oakville