An Oakville man is facing a number of charges following a drug investigation.
According to police, on May 8, 2019, members of the Halton Regional Police Service – Drug and Human Trafficking Unit concluded a drug investigation.
The investigation concluded with the arrest of an Oakville resident.
Following the arrest, investigators obtained judicial authorization for two search warrants in Oakville associated to the accused.
- There are 35 new cases of COVID-19 in Halton today
- Children accidentally dialing 911 keep Halton emergency crews frustrated and busy
- More Toronto hospitals declare COVID-19 outbreaks
It was believed that there was additional drugs and evidence pertaining to drug trafficking.
Police seized the following items:
- 1 ounce of methamphetamine
- 1000 ML of GHB
- 2 grams of purple fentanyl
- 1 hydromorphone
As a result, Matthew Stairs (39) of Oakville is facing the following alleged charges:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking GHB
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl
- Possession hydromorphone
- Breach probation order
The accused was held for bail.
Anyone with information pertaining to this incident is asked to contact the Drug and Human Trafficking Unit, Detective Ryan Eacrett at 905-825-4747 ext. 8720.
Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.