Oakville’s fall loose leaf collection schedule has been announced.
The collection will take place over six designated periods depending on where you live. It begins on October 26.
Each period will last about four days for the work to be done and collection may occur any time during the period.
Guidelines set out by the Town include:
- To ensure your leaves are collected, put them out by 7 a.m. on the first day of collection in your zone.
- To help keep leaves from blowing around your neighbourhood, please do not put out leaves more than seven days before the first day of a scheduled week for your zone.
- Place all loose leaves on the boulevard or on the shoulder, not over catch basins, in bicycle lanes or in the ditches in front of your house.
- Ensure leaves are free of garbage or other yard waste materials such as brush, branches, large twigs or stones.
- Please keep leaf piles separate from any woody debris including large twigs, brush and branches. Contaminated piles of leaves that have been put out after the pickup dates will not be collected.
Halton Region collects bagged leaves and yard waste on the same day as regular garbage pickup. This is a separate program from the Town of Oakville’s loose leaf collection service.
To find out what area you live in and the period where loose leaves will be picked up, go to www.oakville.ca/residents/loose-leaf.html.