There’s a new co-worker space opening in Oakville, and it plans to help new businesses get the start they need.
Staples Canada recently announced the opening of a new Oakville store which will be the second in Canada to feature Staples Studio.
Staples Studio is a co-working space where startups, small businesses and entrepreneurs can gather to work, learn and grow.
Staples is inviting residents to take part in a grand opening celebration on Saturday, August 10, which will start with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 am.
- Many businesses sourcing product domestically due to pandemic
- Amazon becoming popular shopping choice for Canadians this holiday season
- Many entrepreneurs believe their businesses won’t survive a second lockdown
Staples CEO David Boone and local officials will be there to celebrate the official opening of this new store concept.
The store will also feature Spotlight, a community gathering and learning space with a weekly Speaker Series.
Joanne Sallay, an educator, entrepreneur and advocate for children’s literature, will be the first keynote speaker on opening day.
The first 100 guests will receive a Staples Canada gift card valued at up to $100, and all guests will benefit from a 10% discount on select in-store purchases. Guests can also try out drinks from ELXR Juice Lab, a local business, which will offer half-price smoothies, and 20 per cent off juices, parfaits and salads.
Here’s the full list of events planned on opening day:
- 7:45 am: The first 100 guests will receive a Staples Canada gift card with deals throughout the store.
- 8:00 am: Doors open, followed by a ribbon-cutting ceremony with remarks from CEO David Boone and local dignitaries.
- 9:00 – 11:00 am: Tours and interview opportunities.
- 12:00 pm: Spotlight Speaker Series: Crayola, Write it Down and Organize with Colour.
- 1:00 pm: Appearance/photo op with NBA player and Burlington-native Simi Shittu.
- 2:00 p.m.: Spotlight Speaker Series: Joanne Sallay, Top Trends Transforming the Classroom This Fall
Simi Shittu also said he plans to donate backpacks to children in need as part of the School Supply Drive.
The store is located at 320 North Service Road West, in Oakville.
Will you visit this new co-working space?