Halton Regional Police have charged a suspect in multiple break and enters in Burlington.
Police reported in a release on Friday that on May 28, 2018, at 7:35 a.m., some citizens reported suspicious activity around a vehicle in the area of Weslock Common and Singleton Common in Burlington.
According to the release, officers found a man who citizens reportedly saw exiting the vehicle.
Police found the vehicle has been stolen from a driveway on Marion Court in Burlington two days prior, on May 26.
- New mixed-use development proposed in Burlington
- Burlington mayor to speak at virtual session for city’s business community
- Burlington city council meetings moving to new date and time
“Officers also observed a significant amount of tools which investigators later identified as being stolen from several residential garage break and enters on Old York Road in Burlington,” reads the release.
Dustin Mark Gallagher, 34, of no fixed address was arrested and held for bail, according to police.
He has been charged with:
- Break, enter & theft (two counts)
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
- Fail to comply with probation (two counts)
Anyone with information on these crimes is encouraged to contact Detective Clay Gillis of the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 Ext. 2307.