A Hamilton-area man rode into a heap of trouble Monday.
Halton police say a 31-year-old man from Stoney Creek arrived at the Oakville station on a motorcycle to pick up a recently released prisoner.
“Observations made by uniform officers determined the plate on the motorcycle to be incorrect, which led to further investigation,” according to Halton police. “In-depth inspection of the motorcycle revealed the vehicle identification number (VIN) had been tampered with and the motorcycle was, in fact, stolen from Hamilton”.
Kyle Brocklebank was arrested and after a search, police say they found him to be in possession of drugs and a taser.
- There are 35 new cases of COVID-19 in Halton today
- Children accidentally dialing 911 keep Halton emergency crews frustrated and busy
- More Toronto hospitals declare COVID-19 outbreaks
He’s has been charged with:
- Tampering with Vehicle Identification Number
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5000
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (X3)
Brocklebank was held pending a bail hearing on Tuesday.