With so much jamming happening on-stage in Burlington, nearby roads are going to be closing as the 38th annual Sound of Music Festival wraps up.
Road closures begin on Friday at 3:30 p.m. until Sunday, June 18 at 6 p.m. along:
- Brant Street from Caroline Street to Lakeshore Road
There are also parade closures on Saturday, June 17 from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
- Caroline Street from Drury Lane to Locust Street
- Elizabeth Street from Caroline Street to Pine Street
- Drury Lane from Courtland to New Street
Emergency access will be maintained at all times in the event area.
- Ontario to expand blue box program, increase number of items accepted across province
- Man killed crossing road in Burlington
- There are 38 new cases of COVID-19 across the region today
Transit riders, take note: Burlington Transit bus detours are in effect for routes 3, 4, 5 and 10 as follows.
Routes 3 and 5 from Friday, June 16 – Sunday, June 18:
Beginning Friday, June 16 at 3 p.m. through to Sunday, June 18, Brant Street will be closed from Lakeshore Road to Caroline Street. Routes 3 and 5 will use John Street up to Caroline Street. For service, please move to stops north of Caroline or to the downtown Transit Terminal (430 John St.).
Routes 4 and 10 on Saturday, June 17:
For the Sound of Music Parade on Saturday, June 17, portions of Drury Lane and James Street will be closed between 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. resulting in detours to Routes 4 and 10 during this time. For service to Route 4, please move to New Street or north of Woodward Avenue on Drury Lane. Route 10 passengers can still board their buses at the downtown Transit Terminal (430 John St.).