The Burlington Public Library was recently recognized amongst many others across the country.
The Library and Archives Canada, along with the Toronto Public Library and TD Bank Group, recently announced the 2018 TD Summer Reading Club Library Award winners.
“Since 2007, these awards have recognized and rewarded the most innovative and effective TD Summer Reading Club programs in each official language in public libraries across Canada,” reads a recent press release.
And Burlington Public Library made the list.
- COVID-19 claims another life in Oakville as 29 new cases confirmed across Halton today
- Sharp-eyed citizen steps in for disabled cameras in Oakville neighbourhood
- Vehicle theft in Milton leads police to weapons and drugs
The winners, according to the release, are as follows:
The first prize ($10,000) winner for 2018 is:
- Carleton Place Public Library, Ontario
And tied in first place are:
- Bibliothèque municipale de Candiac, Quebec
- Chelsea Library, Québec
The second place winner ($2,500) is:
- Churchill Falls Library, Newfoundland and Labrador
The third place winners ($1,000) are:
- Burlington Public Library, Ontario
- Médiathèque maskoutaine, St-Hyacinthe, Quebec
Winners of the Accessibility Award offered by the Centre for Equitable Library Access are:
- Bibliothèque de Saint-Léonard, Quebec
- Cochrane Public Library, Ontario
Photo is courtesy of the Burlington Public Library’s Facebook page.