The town of Milton has a lot of noteworthy restaurants, stores, and historical buildings. The town also has a number of noteworthy people, and recently a number of youths were recognized.
On June 24, 2019, the Milton Youth Award Winners were announced and recognized during a small ceremony.
These awards, according to a recent press release, highlight the contributions of young people in the town, in addition to businesses, agencies, and organizations who support the youth.
Milton council, staff, and members of the Milton Youth Advisory Committee (MYAC) – a group of volunteers, ages 13 to 18, who provide input, advice, and propose solutions to impact change surrounding youth in the town – attended the ceremony, which took place before a council meeting.
- COVID-19 claims another life in Oakville as 29 new cases confirmed across Halton today
- Sharp-eyed citizen steps in for disabled cameras in Oakville neighbourhood
- Vehicle theft in Milton leads police to weapons and drugs
As noted in the release, the following awards were presented.
- Birva Pandya, Credit for Creativity Award presented by Fine Arts Society of Milton
- Jessie Brown, Community Leadership Award presented by Mattamy Homes
- Dashawn Williams, Spirit of Sport Award presented by Tornado Triathlon
- Girls Inc. of Halton, Champion for Youth Award presented by Drivewise Milton
In the release, Milton Mayor Gord Krantz explained why the awards are important.
“There are a lot of talented young people in our community,” Krantz said in a statement. “It’s important to acknowledge and celebrate our youth and their contributions as they are the future of Milton.”
For more information about the awards, click here.
Photo is courtesy of the town of Milton.