It’s Canada’s birthday! For drivers, though, this means road closures. Here’s what you’ll need to know when you’re navigating/celebrating everything red and white.
Lakeshore Rd. from Maple Ave. to Elizabeth St. will be closed July 1 from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m for fireworks at the Canada Day Celebration.
Traffic will be redirected and the closure will be supervised by the Halton police.
- Four dead in COVID-19 cases recorded at retirment homes in Burlington and Oakville
- Many businesses sourcing product domestically due to pandemic
- Amazon becoming popular shopping choice for Canadians this holiday season
Residents can phone 905-335-7671 for details.
ALL DAY CLOSURE – No access to Bronte Rd. south of Lakeshore Rd.
*Local traffic only with a valid parking pass will be accepted
Marine Dr. will also be closed Jones St. to Bronte Rd.
EVENING closures beginning at 8 p.m.
- *NEW* Bronte Rd. closed south of Rebecca St. to Lakeshore Rd.
- Jones St. and Nelson St. closed from Marine Dr. to Ontario St.
- Lakeshore Rd. from Mississauga St. to Third Ln.
- West River St closed
All side streets parallel to Lakeshore Rd. will be closed from Bronte Rd. to Jones St. There will be no access to Bronte Road from:
- Hixon St.
- Belyea St.
- Sovereign St.
- There will be partial closures set up for these streets at Jones St. to permit local access only. No parking will be permitted on both sides of the above roads.
*Parking restrictions as indicated will be enforced. There will be no parking permitted south of Lakeshore in the event zone. Violators will be towed.