Grocery shopping is about to get a lot easier for some Halton residents.
If you actively use the GO Train and are a PC Express shopper then you may be excited to hear that a new service has been introduced – the ‘Same-Day PC Express Grocery Service’.
This service will allow people to buy their groceries online using PC Express and have them delivered to a participating GO station.
Participating GO stations include Burlington, Bronte, Clarkson, Oakville, Rouge Hill, and Whitby.
- Ho, no, no: Experts advise preparing for a scaled-back COVID holiday season
- Canadians’ interactions with each other significantly reduced: cellphone data study
- Tim Hortons is giving you a chance to win a free coffee
So, how does this service work?
According to a Metrolinx blog post, people can place their PC Express orders, online or using the app, before 9 a.m. They’ll then be able to pick up their groceries at their selected GO station in the evening.
This service was introduced in order to help people manage their busy days.
“This is a game changer for our customers,” Josh Nobrega, Metrolinx Assistant Manager, Partnerships, said in the blog post.
“To pick their groceries in the a.m. online, and having them waiting when they reach their station on the way back home in the p.m., will help with the stress level of busy days. It’s a personal shopper working for them as they travel back home.”
Here is everything you need to know in order to get your groceries on the GO (literally and figuratively).
- Shop groceries online at loblaws.ca or on the app before 9 a.m. for same day pick up at your PC Express location.
- Download the PC Express app or visit loblaws.ca
- Select your GO Station from the store locator
- Place your order and the shopping will be done for you
- Arrive at the PC Express location at the station, pick up and go
For more information, visit loblaws.ca/gopcexpress.
Note that you can get $10 off your groceries when you spend $50 or more and use code PCXTEN at checkout.
Photo is courtesy of Metrolinx.