It’s no secret that the city of Burlington is developing and growing. And to some resident’s dismay, the city’s growth is showing no signs of slowing down – despite there being a current development ‘freeze’ in effect for the Downtown Urban Growth Centre (UGC) and for lands that are in proximity to the Burlington GO Station.
With that being said, a new subdivision may be coming to the city.
However, nothing is confirmed yet.
The city received an application from the Evergreen Community (Burlington) Ltd.
- Canadians’ interactions with each other significantly reduced: cellphone data study
- Threatening letters a scam, Halton police say
- Selective thieves go hi-tech to steal cars in Oakville
The application, according to the city’s website, consists of an official plan amendment along with a rezoning plan.
If approved, this would permit a new subdivision which would consist of the following, according to the Community Consultation report:
- 75 detached residential units having minimum lot widths of 10.4 m
- 124 detached residential units having minimum lot widths of 11.6 m
- 134 detached residential units having minimum lot widths of 12.5 m
- 18 detached residential units having minimum lot widths of 13.7 m
- 23 detached residential units having minimum lot widths of 15.2 m
- 123 townhouse units having minimum lot widths of 6.1 m
- Business corridor blocks
- Mixed-use corridor-employment blocks
- Mixed-use corridor-general blocks, including 410 residential units
- Park blocks
- Low impact development/stormwater management blocks
- Natural heritage system blocks
In total, if approved, as noted in the Community Consultation report, the subdivision would consist of 907 new units (minimum), and would result in around 1,326 jobs.
The proposed location for this subdivision is 5421, 5453 and 5463 Dundas St., and 3232 Tremaine Rd.
According to the city’s website, the application has currently been appealed. And, also as noted on the city’s website, there will be a Local Planning Appeal Tribunal Prehearing meeting later today regarding this application.
The meeting will be held at 10 a.m. today (June 11, 2019) at City Hall in room 247.
Would you like to see this subdivision approved?
For more information, click here.