A group of lucky group of 9, including one member from Oakville, are celebrating a group lotto win!
The group of nine from the GTA won a $250,000 Guaranteed Prize in the April 20, LOTTO 6/49 Super Draw.
The LOTTO 6/49 Super Draw offered 10 Guaranteed Prize Draws of $250,000 in addition to the main jackpot and the Guaranteed $1 Million Prize Draw.
“They thought it was a joke,” said group leader Edward Lebar of Brampton when the former co-workers, who regularly play LOTTO 6/49 and LOTTO MAX together, picked up their cheque at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto.
- Four dead in COVID-19 cases recorded at retirment homes in Burlington and Oakville
- Mayor Burton says pandemic should not create a heavy tax burden for Oakville
- Many businesses sourcing product domestically due to pandemic
But after the group checked the ticket on the OLG Lottery App, doubt turned to celebration.
“We plan to spend some money on our families,” Lebar added. “Some of us have renovations we’d like to get finished, and one plans to put their share into a trip to Tokyo! We’re very happy!”
The winners are:
- Edward Lebar of Brampton
- Carol Phang of Newcastle
- Grant Wright of Whitby
- Ingrid Roesch of Toronto
- Michelle Lomas of Bowmanville
- Patrizia Raso of Woodbridge
- Richard Hiduk of Brampton
- Trevor Roe of Scarborough
- Vernon Arima of Oakville
The winning ticket was purchased at Petro Canada on Kennedy Road in Brampton.