This year, Family Day falls on Monday, February 15, 2021, in Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills.
Halton residents are reminded that Family Day is not a national statutory holiday, it is only observed as one in Ontario.
While COVID-19 may have put a damper on plans, there are still ways to enjoy it this year. Here’s what’s open and closed this Family Day in Halton.
- While there are certain restrictions in terms of indoor dining in Halton due to COVID-19, some restaurants will still be open for takeout and curbside pickup, but call ahead to be sure
- Most convenience stores
- Some Shoppers Drug Marts
- Some Starbucks (hours may vary at different locations)
- Rabba Fine Foods
- Federal Government offices (by appointment only)
- Canada Post (mail pick-up and delivery will not be affected by the holiday)
- Most malls have closed all of their non-essential stores due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Oakville Museum
- Milton Sports Centre
- Mattamy National Cycling Centre
- Community centres
- City Hall/Town Hall
- Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected one day later
- Oakville Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- Burlington Transit will operate on a Holiday schedule
- According to Milton Transit’s Twitter page, there will be no conventional or Milton access+ (specialized) services on Family Day
- GO Transit will run on a Sunday schedule