The Burlington Centre, formerly known as Burlington Mall, is celebrating two milestones this weekend.
On Saturday, Oct. 27, the Burlington Centre is celebrating its grand opening and 50th anniversary, according to a recent media release.
The mall will be celebrating the $60-million overhaul that took place over the past two years.
Fun activities will be happening all day.
- Top 5 new openings of 2019 in Halton
- A new cannabis store could be coming to Burlington
- Burlington could soon be home to four cannabis stores
Some of these activities will include:
- A special ribbon-cutting ceremony featuring RioCan executives and Canadian television presenter, Patty Sullivan. This will be taking place at 10:30 a.m.
- Performances by Burlington musician Rich Cloke
- A pop-up kids zone and museums
- A marching band playing throughout the new area of the mall
Photo courtesy of Burlington Centre.