A week long cannabis investigation by Halton Regional Police has led to a number of charges against a Burlington man.
The investigation under the Cannabis Act by the 3 District Street Crime Unit led to a search at a Burlington residence on Sept. 24 where a number of items were seized. They include:
- 81 grams of cannabis
- 71 x 500mg of edible gummies
- 1 Oxycodone tablet
- 2 high capacity extended handgun magazines
- various ammunition
- 3 digital scales
- 2 cellular telephones
- $14,410 Canadian currency
- $10,147 American currency
Cannabis and cannabis edibles worth $2,235 were seized as a result of the search warrant.
Rakeem Amoah, 18, of Burlington faces the following charges:
- Burlington will be new home for Brock University campus
- Halton Region reports 31 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario shows 821 new cases
- Burlington’s Remembrance Day ceremony will be live-streamed
- Unauthorized possession of prohibited device
- Possession of a prohibited device
- Possession for the purpose of selling (three counts)
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Possession of a controlled substance (Oxycodone)
- Selling cannabis
Amoah is scheduled for a bail hearing.