Ah February, the month of love and romance.
If you’ve been trying to figure out where to spend Valentine’s Day this year, we may be able to help.
Although it has been said that it doesn’t matter where you are, all that matters is who you’re with, there are some places that are more romantic than others that you should consider heading to on Feb. 14.
Amazon Canada recently revealed a list highlighting the top 20 most romantic places in Canada. And on this list are two locations in Halton – Oakville, and Burlington.
- Amazon becoming popular shopping choice for Canadians this holiday season
- Burlington imposing additional restrictions on sports and fitness activities
- Downtown Burlington cancels two events, but introduces new contest
This list, according to Amazon, was compiled by comparing sales data from Jan. 1, 2018 to Jan. 1, 2019 on a per capita basis in cities and town with more than 20,000 residents. The data looked at purchases of romance novels (both print and Kindle editions), romantic comedies, relationship books, jewellery, and sexual wellness products.
On the list, Oakville came in at number 14 followed by Burlington at number 17.
New additions to this list from last year are Bowmanville, Port Coquitlam, and Aurora.
Also new to the list is LaSalle’s placement. This Quebec location moved up eight spots from last year’s list.
The full list is as follows.
1. Victoria, British Columbia
2. LaSalle, Quebec
3. Fort McMurray, Alberta
4. North Vancouver, British Columbia
5. Spruce Grove, Alberta
6. Whitehorse, Yukon
7. Kelowna, British Columbia
8. Sherwood Park, Alberta
9. Courtenay, British Columbia
10. Bowmanville, Ontario
11. Grande Prairie, Alberta
12. Airdrie, Alberta
13. Waterloo, Ontario
14. Oakville, Ontario
15. Vancouver, British Columbia
16. Langley, British Columbia
17. Burlington, Ontario
18. North Bay, Ontario
19. Aurora, Ontario
20. Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Will you be spending Valentine’s Day in Oakville or Burlington?