Two Brampton men have been arrested in connection with a stolen vehicle that rammed two police cars in Mississauga.
Police say the stolen vehicle was spotted in the area of Britannia Rd. E. and Dixie Rd. in Mississauga just after midnight yesterday (January 3) and when officers attempted to stop it, the driver proceeded to crash into two cruisers.
The driver of the vehicle ran off, but with the assistance of Peel’s K9 unit, he was tracked down and taken into custody. A second man was arrested at the scene of the crash. There were no injuries.
The vehicle was reported stolen back on December 1 when it was taken from the driveway of a Brampton home.
Ikjot Singh, 21, from Brampton is charged with possession of property obtained by crime, flight from peace officer, dangerous operation of a vehicle, failure to stop after an accident, and operating a vehicle while impaired by drugs.
- At least 2,000 residents have gone to work while symptomatic, Peel reports
- Pedestrian succumbs to injuries related to collision involving train in Brampton
- Funds for accessible buses and PRESTO expected to provide an easier ride for Mississauga and Brampton transit users
Jasdeep Singh, 23, from Brampton was charged with two counts of possession of property obtained by crime.
They were both held for bail hearings and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton later that same day.
Police say the car was stolen while it was left running unattended in the driveway and remind the public to practice the following safety measures when warming up your vehicle:
• Avoid leaving a running vehicle unattended
• Ensure you always lock car doors and roll up your windows
• Consider using anti-theft devices
• Remember to lock your garage door