Police have charged three men with drug trafficking related offences after a traffic-stop in Brampton.
On Saturday, July 25, at approximately 8:42 p.m., uniform officers conducted a traffic stop in the parking lot of a hotel in the area of Steelwell Road and Tomken Road.
“The occupants were investigated in relation to an offence under the Liquor Licence Act. During their investigation, officers located a bag containing a large quantity of illicit drugs,” said police.
In total, officers reportedly located over nine ounces of Fentanyl and almost six ounces of Cocaine. The estimated street value of these drugs is in excess of $94,000.
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of October 19 to 24
- Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths
- No winning ticket for Friday night’s $42 million Lotto Max jackpot
Three people were charged with Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking x2 and a liquor licence offence:
- Malcolm Heptbourne, a 25-year-old man from Leamington
- Charlie Okhuereigbe, a 25-year-old man from Toronto
- Emmanuel Bounar, a 25-year-old man from Toronto
All three men were held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Sunday, July 26.
Photo: Peel Police handout