A police investigation has put a number of schools under hold and secure this afternoon.
Police say they were called at 11:48 a.m. for a stolen vehicle at Egypt Drive and Father Tobin Road, near the intersection of Countryside and Dixie.
Officers are in the area attempting to locate the suspect, who has reportedly exited the vehicle and fled the scene on foot.
As a result, the following schools are under hold and secure:
- No ‘marriage tax’ for Ontario despite suggestions to the contrary, government says
- Province providing municipalities with $500 million in support
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Secondary School
- Venerable Michael J. Mcgivney Catholic Elementary School
- Carberry Public Elementary School
- Lougheed Public Elementary School
- Springdale Public Elementary School
- Louise Arbour Public Secondary School
More information to come as the investigation continues.
All hold and secures have been lifted.
Police say the suspect has not been located, but there is no indication of a weapon or any threat to public safety.
The investigation is ongoing.