The province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is looking into the circumstances surrounding the serious injuries sustained last night in Brampton by a 39-year-old man after being struck by a police cruiser.
According to the SIU, preliminary information suggests the following:
• At approximately 9:45 p.m. officers were headed to a motor vehicle collision call.
• On the way, one of the cruisers struck a pedestrian in the area of Chinguacousy Rd. and Major William Sharpe Dr.
• The pedestrian was taken to hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
Two investigators, two forensic investigators and one collision reconstructionist have been assigned to the case. One subject officer and one witness officer have been designated.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
- Some elderly Brampton and Mississauga residents can get COVID-19 vaccines much sooner than expected
- Brampton MP uses House of Commons to accuse other MPs of supporting Khalistani extremism
- Mayors pushing for less restrictive red zone when stay-at-home order lifted in Mississauga and Brampton next week