A Brampton man is facing firearm charges following a recent search and investigation.
On Tuesday, January 5, members of the Specialized Enforcement Bureau executed a criminal code search warrant at a residence in the area of Van Kirk Dr and Mayfield Rd, near McLaughlin. Peel police’s Tactical Rescue Unit assisted in the search.
“As a result of the search, officers located and seized a 12-gauge sawed off shotgun,” said police.
19 year old Brampton man Jack Shimiol has been charged with:
- Knowledge of unauthorized possession of firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a firearm with altered serial number
He was held for a bail hearing and attended the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Wednesday, January 6.
- Mercedes escapes after high-speed chase through Brampton streets
- Three from Brampton charged in drug trafficking operation
- COVID-19 outbreaks declared at two Brampton long-term care facilities: Jan 18 to 24
Photo: Peel police handout