In an effort to keep students and parents updated regarding the spread of COVID-19, the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board (DPCDSB) is tracking the numbers of active confirmed cases at schools within the district.
If a student or staff member at a DPCDSB school tests positive for the virus, Public Health will be in contact with the school to provide further direction on when they should return.
Additionally, a deep cleaning of all areas accessed by the person who contracted the virus will take place, and the school will follow the direction of Public Health.
Those who retest negative–after their initial positive test–are permitted to return to school once they are symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Canada’s ban on big cruise ships extended until February
- Cannabis use linked to reduction in alcohol consumption: study
These are the schools/institutions in Brampton with at least one active reported case of COVID-19 as of September 17, 2020:
- St. Alphonsa Catholic School – 1 confirmed case, 0 closed classrooms (school open)
- St. Cecilia School – 1 confirmed case, 0 closed classrooms (school open)
- St. Daniel Comboni Catholic School – 1 confirmed case, 0 closed classrooms (school open)
Updates will continue as the school year persists.