A routine radar patrol by the OPP near Peterborough has led to drug trafficking, impaired driving and several other charges against a Brampton man.
Peterborough OPP say officers were set up on Highway 115 yesterday (February 19) when a vehicle was stopped for speeding.
Police say when they pulled the driver over he was found to be impaired and in possession of illegal drugs. A subsequent search uncovered fentanyl, crystal methamphetamine, cocaine, cannabis, scales, cellphones and cash.
Nicholas Peniston, 23, of Brampton has since been charged with:
• Trafficking cocaine
• Trafficking opioid
• Trafficking in methamphetamine
• Operation of a vehicle while impaired on drugs
• Drive a vehicle with cannabis readily available
• Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling
• Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
• Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
He has a court date scheduled for March 25.