A Brampton man has been charged with several offences linked to human trafficking by York Regional Police.
Investigators with York’s Special Victims Unit say that a man was arrested after a 16-year-old was procured and exploited in the sex trade resulting in her being forced to turn over her earnings.
Police believe that in 2019, the accused spent time in West Virginia in the United States, and currently has ties to Nova Scotia. Investigators are releasing an image of the accused in the event there are other victims.
Justin Barrett, 20, of Brampton is charged with:
• Trafficking in Persons Under the Age of 18
• Material Benefit from Trafficking in Persons Under the Age of 18
• Material Benefit from Sexual Services of a Person Under 18 Years
• Procure Person Under the Age of 18
• Exercise Control, Direction or Influence Over a Person Under the Age of 18
• Distribution of Child Pornography
• Possession of Child Pornography
• Luring a Child Under the Age of 18
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police Human Trafficking Section at 1-866-876- 5423, ext. 6800, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.