A Brampton motorcyclist has been charged by Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) in an incident where he reportedly fled officers.
On August 16 just before 3 p.m., an OPP officer from the West Parry Sound Detachment saw a motorcycle speeding down Seguin Street in Parry Sound, reads a recent release from OPP.
“Officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop, but the black motorcycle failed to stop and fled the area,” reads the release.
According to police, the motorcycle was weaving in and out of traffic and going through stop lights.
- Conversion therapy ban gets approval in principle, exposes Conservative divisions
- Amazon bringing 6,200 jobs to Ontario this holiday season
- Health official further warns against in-person gatherings in Brampton
“The motorcycle failed to negotiate a turn on Parry Sound Road and went into the ditch. The driver fled on foot.”
The K9 unit and Emergency Response Unit (ERT) attended and the suspect was located, according to police.
Daniel Varcoe, 34, of Brampton was charged with:
- Flight while pursed by peace officer
- Dangerous operation of a vehicle
- Driving while disqualified – court order, four counts
- Drive motor vehicle – no plates,
The accused was held in custody and will appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Parry Sound.