Police have made an arrest in a recent child luring investigation in Brampton.
Officers from Peel Police’s Internet Child Exploitation Unit began investigating a man who was reportedly communicating online with someone he believed to be less than 16 years old for sexual purposes.
“The male used an on-line persona “Dave Smart” as his social media identity,” police say.
On Tuesday, February 4, 41 year old Brampton man Steve Patrick Kavanagh was arrested. He is charged with:
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – October 28
- Conversion therapy ban gets approval in principle, exposes Conservative divisions
- Amazon bringing 6,200 jobs to Ontario this holiday season
- Luring Child with Intent to Commit Sexual Assault
- Luring Child with Intent to Commit Sexual Interference
- Distribute Sexually Explicit Material to a Child
He appeared in court on Wednesday, February 5 and has been released with several court-imposed conditions.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout