If you regularly shop at Walmart, your store might have been selected to undergo some significant changes.
Walmart Canada recently announced that it plans to invest $175 million in its network of stores.
The brand says that several stores across the country–including the Brampton North Supercentre located 50 Quarry Edge Drive–will be refurbished or updated to provide a “comprehensive omni-channel experience featuring a seamless intersection of the in-store and online shopping experience.”
Twenty-three Walmart stores across the country are set for renovation before February 2019, which the brand says will create more than 2,500 construction jobs.
- Conversion therapy ban gets approval in principle, exposes Conservative divisions
- Nearly one-third of Canadians won’t recover financially from pandemic
- Canadians’ interactions with each other significantly reduced: cellphone data study
“This investment in our stores is part of our commitment to provide our customers with an improved in-store shopping experience,” said Lee Tappenden, president and CEO of Walmart Canada. “We are modernizing our stores, ensuring a seamless omni-channel shopping experience and meeting evolving customer needs.”
Enhancements customers can expect to see in their local stores include:
- Contemporary updates: Physical updates that provide a refreshed look and feel including wider aisles, updated colour palette, new signage, and, in some stores, an updated exterior store front design to provide clearer access.
- Optimized omni-channel experience: Creating seamless integration of online shopping and in-store experience for omni-channel customers. Updated features include dedicated parking spaces for online grocery pickup and new areas in stores devoted to online orders to help facilitate the interaction between Walmart Canada’s ecommerce and bricks and mortar operations.
- Expanded assortment: Adding more product assortments to further integrate stores into the community including new ethnic selections and organics.
Other GTA stores set to undergo renovations include locations in Ajax, Burlington and Richmond Hill.